I never quite know what to do with myself when I am feeling so restless. I’m in that place right now.
Things are going (relatively) well, yet I seem to be…
Waiting for the ball to drop.
I know that this crazy-making hyper-vigilance to everything around me is not good for me or my health. The more I read the more I am convinced that stress makes matters worse in the world of cancer.
Yet, I work more, take on more projects, spread myself thinner, and continue finding more things to do in order to not have time to “wait for the ball to drop,” as a way to distract me. And it is difficult to control this brain (mind) of mine.
I do not like feeling that I am running out of time.
It is a feeling that is fueled out of desperation. I know instinctively that this is fear that I occasionally allow to tell me some big lies.
I know that I am not alone in this feeling. So many people share this same fear (and responsive behavior) when they are facing a variety of challenges in their lives.
Instead of taking on more, I find myself wanting to focus my energies. I am particularly drawn to two ways to do it:
- Working with one-on-one clients (coaching) who are facing transitions in their lives–health, career, and life, and
- Speaking to audiences–inspirational speaking–about looking beyond what they see as their biggest obstacles so that they can live life. I envision this happening at corporate-style events/yearly meetings. I also see myself being interviewed in order to tell my story(ies).
I feel that this year is a transition of major proportion for me. I confuse that with the “ball drop.” Admittedly, that is a habit that I was taught early on that I sometimes have trouble shedding.
I believe that I am not “done” yet. There is more that is to come, though I am not sure the world is quite ready for me.
You have NOT heard the last of me!
* * * * * * * *
Coral Levang is a “Personal Change Agent & Life Coach” who offers:
- Direct, straight-talking approach
- Intuitive, collaborative style
- One-on-one coaching
- Group workshops
- Inspirational speaking for events
For more information or to book for coaching or speaking: Call (424) AGENT10 / (424) 243-6810 and leave a message.